2014 CITIZEN DOCTOR OF THE YEAR AWARD
The “Citizen Doctor of the Year” award was originated to recognize a family physician of strong moral values whose deeds and actions exemplified the characteristic of service before self, and that magnify the principle of the specialty of family medicine’s focus on compassion and caring for the well being of those we serve. Past recipients of this award have pioneered advances in medical education, research, patient care and community service for the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
The Nominations Committee is making its first call for nominees for this award. Please consider Family Physicians you know who would represent Kentucky as the “the most outstanding physician recognized by their peers.”
Groups or individuals have the opportunity to submit nominations. The physician selected will be recognized in the public relations efforts of the KAFP, and will be forwarded as the Kentucky nominee for the prestigious AAFP’s “Family Physician of the Year” award.
Guidelines for selection:
– Provides his/her community with compassionate, comprehensive and caring medical service on a continuing basis.
– Is directly and effectively involved in community affairs and activities that enhance the quality of life in his/her home area.
– Provides a credible role model, emulating the Family Physician as a healer and human being to his/her community, and as a professional in the service and art of medicine to colleagues, other health professionals, and especially to young physicians in training and to medical students.
Specific to Kentucky:
– Has been in Family Practice for at least 5 consecutive years.
– Should be board-certified in family Medicine
– Must be an active member in the KAFP
– Should be a member in good standing in his/her community
To Nominate a Physician:
- The following information (not over 10 pages) must be included to be considered:
- Name, address, and phone number(s) of the nominee;
- Name, address, and phone number(s) of the nominating individual;
- Letter of nomination from communities(no more than two (2) pages);
- A current CV;
- Three letters of support:
- two from colleagues, and,
- one from person in his/her community;
- Other supportive material, as appropriate
- Nomination Deadline: August 10, 2014
- Mail to: KAFP, P.O. Box 1444, Ashland, KY 41105 or fax 1-888-287-0662